Whether for work at the office or life in a home office, picking the right desk chair is crucial. As such, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind when starting your search!
- To keep your body from getting fatigued, the best office chairs promote the natural “S” curve of the spine, with your head – which is heavy – balanced at the top.
- A good office chair should be adjustable for your height and provide lumbar (lower back) support for your back.
- The chair seat should be contoured to allow even weight distribution and be at least 1 inch wider than your hips and thighs on either side.
- The seat height should be adjustable so the fronts of your knees are level or slightly below level when your feet are firmly on the ground.
- Don’t buy a really good chair and then hunch down to look at your laptop.
- If mobility Is important, the chair should have casters that glide freely over the floor. You may want a chair that swivels.
More From Office Upgraded
Office Accessories for You and Your Dog
Calling all pet lovers! When working from home, there is nothing more comforting than taking a break to give your dog a quick pet or treat. We know they love it, too! But, it can be hard to stay organized with a furry friend taking up space in your office. That’s why Office Upgraded is […]
The Coolest Cutting-Edge Tech
Thanks to today’s high-tech gadgets, “home sweet home” is getting a whole lot sweeter. Not only do these clever tools make everyday tasks easier, they save time, cut down on clutter, and let you customize almost every aspect of your life. Also benefiting from the up-tick in tech-type gizmos are the family room and living […]
Organization is Hard for Everyone
Do you ever catch a glimpse of that dreaded pile of papers in the corner of your desk? Does your office chair serve as a location to drop clean laundry? Here at Office Upgraded, we know staying organized can require a lot of time and effort – that’s why we have come up with a […]